*IN-STORE PICK-UP ONLY*
Please call us on 0800 99 76278 to organise pick-up from your nearest authorised Torpedo7 store (see list below).
Medium: 3YBMHN2AG09 MD
Medium/Large: 3YBMHN2AG09 ML
This bike is available for purchase online, but must be picked up from an approved store.
Marlin 4 is the perfect gateway to trail riding.
It’s ideal for new riders who want a mountain bike with knobby tires that can double as a rugged commuter. Disc brakes, front suspension, 21 speeds, and mounts for a rack and fenders make this a great bike for new trail riders and campus commuters alike.
It’s right for you if…
You want an introductory mountain bike at an incredible price, but also want a commuter that’s rugged enough to hop curbs on the way to class.
The tech you get
A lightweight aluminium frame with internal routing to protect your cables and add to the bike’s sleek look, 21 speeds, a wide range of gearing so you always have the right gear for your terrain, powerful mechanical disc brakes, and a suspension fork that takes the edge off bumps and rough terrain.
The final word
Marlin is made for any adventure. The rack and fender mounts make it a great choice for commuters who want to get a little rad on the way to class or the grocery store.
- Frame: Alpha Silver Aluminum, internal routing, chainstay disc brake mount, rack and kickstand mount, 135x5mm QR
- Size S: SR Suntour XCE 28, coil spring, preload, 42mm offset for 27.5” wheel, 100mm QR, 100mm travel
- Size M , ML , L: SR Suntour XCE 28, coil spring, preload, 46mm offset for 29” wheel, 100mm QR, 100mm travel
- Max compatible fork travel: 100mm (XS & S: 490mm axle-to-crown, M & up: 509mm axle-to-crown)
- Hub front: Formula DC-20, alloy, 6-bolt, 5x100mm QR
- Hub rear: Formula DC-31, alloy, 6-bolt, 6/7/8 speed freewheel, 135x5mm QR
- Rim: Bontrager Connection, double-wall, 32-hole, 20mm width, schrader valve
- Spokes: stainless steel
- Size S: Bontrager XR2 Comp, wire bead, 30 tpi, 27.5×2.20”
- Size M , ML , L: Bontrager XR2 Comp, wire bead, 30 tpi, 29×2.20”
- Max tire size: Frame: 29×2.20″ (XS & S: 27.5×2.4″)
- Shifter: Shimano Altus EF500, 7 speed
- Front derailleur: Shimano Tourney TY300, 34.9mm clamp, down swing, down pull
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Tourney TY300, long cage, 34T max cog
- Size S, M: Shiimano Tourney TY301, 42/34/24, 170mm length
- Size ML, L: Shimano Tourney TY301, 42/34/24, 175mm length
- Bottom bracket: VP BC73, 73mm, threaded cartridge
- Cassette: Shimano TZ500, 14-28, 7 speed
- Chain: KMC Z7, 7 speed
- Pedal: VP-536 nylon platform
- Max chainring size: 1x/2x: 34T, 3x: 42T
- Saddle: Bontrager Arvada, steel rails, 138mm width
- Size S: Bontrager alloy, 31.6mm, 12mm offset, 330mm length
- Size M: Bontrager alloy, 31.6mm, 12mm offset, 360mm length
- Size ML , L: Bontrager alloy, 31.6mm, 12mm offset, 400mm length
- Size S: Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, 5mm rise, 690mm width
- Size M , ML , L: Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, 5mm rise, 720mm width
- Grips: Bontrager XR Endurance Comp, lock-on
- Size S: Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, Blendr compatible, 7 degree, 60mm length
- Size M: Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, Blendr compatible, 7 degree, 70mm length
- Size ML, L: Bontrager alloy, 31.8mm, Blendr compatible, 7 degree, 80mm length
- Headset: Semi-integrated, 1-1/8”
- Size: S , M , ML , L Tektro MD-M280 mechanical disc, 160mm rotor
- Size: S , M , ML , L Tektro MD-M281 mechanical disc
- Weight: M – 30.82 lbs / 13.9815 kg
- Weight limit: This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider, and cargo) of 300 pounds (136 kg).
- All specifications listed are subject to change without notice.
- A real mountain bike that’s also perfectly suited to daily commutes
- Rack and fender mounts make it easy to accessorise
- Small frame size has short-reach brake levers that make it easier and more comfortable for riders with smaller hands to brake confidently
- Small frame size has a curved top tube and a lower standover height that makes it easier for smaller riders to mount and dismount
- Like every model in the Marlin family, it’s backed by Trek’s lifetime warranty
Authorised Stores (in-store pick up)
- Auckland – Newmarket
- Auckland – Albany
- Auckland – Westgate
- Auckland – Mt Wellington
- Hamilton – Central
- Hamilton – The Base
- New Plymouth
- Palmerston North
- Wellington – Porirua
- Christchurch – Tower Junction
- Christchurch – Northlink
- Racers Edge Wanaka
- Queenstown – Remarkables Park