Made for New Zealand conditions from high quality materials and ideal for the recreational fisher, this 30-metre net is suitable for catching Flounder.
Before you go fishing you will need to know the amateur fishing regulations, which are available free of charge from your local MPI office or online HERE – please check specific regulations in your area.
The main regulations that apply nationally to recreational set netting are:
- Any net or nets used either individually or jointly must not extend more than a quarter of the way across any bay, channel, river, stream or sound
- Nets must not be set in a way that causes fish to be stranded by the falling tide
- The use of stakes to secure nets is prohibited
- Each end of a net must have a surface buoy permanently and legibly marked with the fisher’s initials and surname
- Set nets must not exceed 60 meters in length
- Only one set net (max 60m) and one bait net (max 10m mesh <50mm) can be carried on a boat at any one time
- Nets must not be set within 60 meters of another net
Please note: a set net may not be used as a drag net if it exceeds 40-metres in length.