Mark Draper, the author of Spot X Surfcasting is a successful fishing guide with much of his work revolving around multi day guided trips, fishing for both fresh and saltwater species. Mark has specialised in both land based game fishing and fly fishing off the rocks.
With 561 surfcasting spots in this book, Mark has comprehensively covered New Zealand’s coastline including a real mixture of spots, from wharves that produce a few sprats for kids, to far-off rock ledges that require immense effort to get to.
- Over 400 surfcasting spots nationwide from North Cape to Bluff
- Mix of spots from wharves to far-off rock ledges with access clearly shown
- Topographic maps with access to spots clearly shown
- Access information with contact details where necessary
- Target species and recommended, bait, berley, tide, month, rig and wind
- Fishing tips from the experts
- Local services, accommodation and facilities
Nationwide Surfcasting Regions
- Bay of Plenty
- East Cape
- Hawkes Bay
- Nelson & Marlborough
- West Coast